When will the Sun Shine



When will the sun shine?
When will we hear the song of victory?
When will all be fine?
For I am tired of this story

When will our hearts be free?
From the worries of the trigger land
When will our song be sweet?
And our hearts be high and glad

When will Nigeria awake?
From its ageless slumber
When will we arise?
From our unending coma

We have wept for too long
We have hoped for this long
Shall we continue like this?
Or shall we arise and speak?

Many have spoken in time past
Their memories are here with us
Now that all we have are blasts
The voices have become hush

When my lines are done
When my song is gone
What will remain of the giant,
who slept all its might?

But I must sing my song
I must play my gong
That when the time is gone
I would not be null

Ife Bamidele 27/10/12



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus is coming soon so we were told......so soon and very soon all our hopes will be real.Nigeria shall arise and we will be remembered for the impact we had on our beloved country.

ifebamidele said...

Awww, thank you Sir for the hope and encouragement. We believe Sir, YES we believe

Keep trying, Keep doing your best

Sometimes it looks like not much is happening with you. Just keep steady and stay alive. Little by little, one step at a time.  You can win ...