ARE THE LADIES CHOICELESS ?



WOMEN AND CHOICES      by                -OlumideJUNE


Choice is the term ladies now use as excuse for not doing some things or for doing others. For example you hear a lady say I am waiting for the right man so I can make the right choice. Another will say, this is the best choice I have come up with. Others will say God has given us the ability to make the right choice when deciding on the man to marry.  I quite agree with them all but this brought me to the question of what if there is no option to choose from.

From the little I know, I am aware that choices are made when there are several options, and choices are made based on excesses but in a situation whereby everyone is fighting to have a grab, you wouldn’t want to be waiting to make a choice all you will be doing is also to have a grab and then later assess it if that was a good choice you made.  Or what do we say of a lady who has never been asked out by a guy, are we going to say she has a choice and she is yet to make it? Or what do we say of a lady who gets dumped by every guy after dating her for few weeks, are we going to say she hasn’t made a choice of which of them to marry?

So please let us redefine that word choice in the ladies dictionary, because that word has misled and is still misleading some people instead of them thinking of ways in order to be able to have options, they are still thinking they have a choice to make when there are no options. Please let us wake up to the reality of life. God said he has given us the privilege to make choices but he didn’t say we will have that privilege by doing nothing. Even for a Lottery winner who happens to be one of the people that does the least things to make the biggest amount of money they still have to do something by picking numbers so why do ladies decide to confuse themselves or should I say hide under the disguise of (capacity or incapacity) choices so as not to do anything and yet expect something to happen. And for those that  believe in God’s miracle, miracles happen, but you still need to do something, you need to have faith, you need to pray, and you also need to expect and welcome the miracle.

I used to have a friend though now married, she was always up to her game. Her slogan was “I have to always be appealing to people both men and women so that when the time comes for me to make my choice I will not be limited. I will actually have varieties, and the power to  pick from them my one and only”. And she gave her reason for being appealing to women as “I will not like to underestimate the channel through which he will come, the woman might be the one to recommend me to him”. That is the true definition of choice. Creating the options and picking the best. Nowadays if you want to know the true colour of the lady beside you, ask one of her roommates back in school, and you might be lucky to ask the one that does not like her who wouldn’t mince words in describing her.  In recent times, some ladies have this dirty, local and messy lifestyle in their closet that is not appealing to the public and then they have these stunning look on the outside and then men fall into such traps. I remember a day I went visiting a friend and I was so unlucky to find my head near the bed edge where she hangs her boxers, the smell coming out of that zone………don’t let me describe it. Don’t just limit the creation of options to men alone; let your fellow women know that you are good to go so that when they are asked to assess you they wouldn’t fail you before you even submit your scripts.

Life is not so smooth that we will lay low and wake up someday and have a lot to pick from. If it was so easy to make choices will the wife of the conductor or carpenter be with them? Or will the wife of the cheating guy be with him? The answer is NO. They will probably be with Bill Gate or Aliko Dangote or probably the holy ones with Pastor Adeboye or Bishop Oyedepo.
Ladies I luv you and don’t think I am being harsh on you, it is not like that, just that the more single ladies are out there the more temptations exists to the general public (LOL) ,so I need you ladies to step up your game and get those guys hooked. 

                                                                                                   -OlumideJUNE


 

 PostNOTE by IfeBamidele 


I got this troublesome brother of mine to get this in for you this week, I am so sure you have opinions about this. I also do but will not talk until y'all talk. I think women should actually become choosers, how i do not know, but if you can gravitate to where what you want is, the higher your chances, a fisherman must have nets, and a bait. OlumideJUNE said get those guys hooked. The only way to do that is to be at the right place at the right time doing the right thing and maybe being proactive. Note i didnt say the last phrase before you say Ife said you should ask a guy out. My mouth is shhhhhuuuusshhed already. Drop your comments and lets get talking. 

To read OlumideJUNE's piece last week on WHY OUR SISTERS ARE HUSBANDLESS click the link 

This piece recieved many responses and some persons have sent me their opinion anonymously on this topic. I hope to publish this as soon as i can and also for your information, the original topic by writer is not Are the Ladies Choiceless but Women and Choices so dont crucify him.

Have a Funfilled weekend: for the ladies, GET THEM HOOKED, for the Brothers be Levelheaded to be caught in the Hook.
In wedding parlance its the lady who hooks the guy isnt it................. Still laughing, Bye.....


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Permit me to comment. Life itself does not enjoy the truth so are we human beings. I have heard the ladies say why only them but it's all for the love we have towards them. As you know, Men and Women are not made the same way, which is why we need to guard the lady's interest so we men can also smile. It should not be taken as an attack on ladies rather it should be a form of enlightenment, everyone needs to read this. Watch out for the men's own soon.......am sure you will smile when you see it. Thanks for dropping your comment.

Iamoluwadolapo said...

hahaha:). i love this, very true. especially the pic. preach it, we all make mistakes. God help us all. the sooner we realise the better for us all.

Anonymous said...

Nice write up, U said if there were no options but since there ar options I belief it best for them to choose, and for the other one about girls bn careless , i had a roommate that was like that back then when we were in school, her eating habit then was nothing to write home about, but whenever she goes to her boyfriend's house she would starve herself by eating just once making the guy belief she doesn't eat much, she was also good at using her bedspread for months and her bed barely laid.

ifebamidele said...

Chai, i have missed out today oh, i see this article is making waves and causing trouble. Anyways i just say make i no be lastma, as in carry last. Bye

lazioman said...

I think this is very interesting. It's even more interesting because men and women tend to think differently, hence, a better approach would be to tell the sisters to ask themselves what men are looking for in marriageable women. I wrote a piece about it on my blog too. Overall, great blog!

http://lazioman.blogspot.com/2012/03/women-1.html

Omoregee said...

Ok, I already picked up my LASTMA card, thanks fery mush *cheeky grin*

June Oh, you have this roundabout way of passing your points across, again, I agree with some thoughts u have shared and some of them.......

I already spoke a bit about this in my comment on the 'Why Sisters are husbandless' post.

Every human has a choice, especially when it comes to a marital partner. Whether male or female, we have a choice. Now, men are naturally chasers and in my own opinion, I would recommend that the man does the finding and chasing but that doesn't mean the lady has nothing to do. I wrote 2 pieces on this: 'Let Him do the Chase' and 'While You Wait' which I shared on my blog. A lady must know how to position herself to attract the kind of man she desires. It is a golden principle in life that we attract who we are. For instance, if I want a man who is given to the Word of God, then we know I also need to be a woman who thirsts after the Word. The problem with people is wanting the prize but not willing to do the work. Who no like better thing? If a man has taken time to invest in himself, don't u think he will look out for a lady who has done the same?

I so do not agree with the 'grabbing' syndrome......that is tantamount to settling sometimes. Just because everyone is grabbing and getting hooked doesn't mean I have to be in the rat race......it aint a competition. I believe when a woman knows what she really wants, she better exercise patience till she gets what she desires. If she has spent time to prepare herself and is doing the right things then its only a matter of time before she meets 'him'.......she don't need to be grabbing no frog that comes her way, that's a trick to settle in Urr, no sire.......keep ur eyez on the prize lady, the Promised Land! Make sure you are properly positioned and get busy, the guy will come, its only a matter of when......there's no hurry, it is a lifetime choice so u best be choosing right!


My two Kobo......

Unknown said...

@Omoregee, yea i know i have a way of sending that message in that funny circle, but yes the message is passed. Lol..... we are not saying women cant choose but what happens when they get to that stage that they put themselves and are left with no choice? What happens? do you still say they have choices knowing fully well they didnt start doing it right. Should we call it consequences of past actions?

Omoregee said...

'For every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction'..... of course, every choice we make has consequences but even in seeming situations of 'choicelessness', we still have a choice. Choice is something we would always have.....the choice to accept that we have made mistakes, the choice to make the necessary changes, the choice to repent from old ways, the choice to start doing things right, the choice not to keep going in the wrong direction but to make a U-turn to the right part, the choice not to be tempted to take what seems to be the only available option because of a past lived in ignorance but to decide to spend time to get it right n be open to better choices. Maybe time may be lost, maybe according to society, such a person may be termed 'late' BUT i know ALL things work together for the good of those who let God work things out. With God, we are never disadvantaged, we don't move with the trends, we may make mistakes, but the beautiful thing is God makes beauty out of it......so yes, I still maintain that EVERYONE has a choice no matter what.

ifebamidele said...

I'm loving Omoregee's posture on this topic however i have difficulties understanding how women can have a choice based on the male role of chasing. I have read those two posts of yours dear and i think you ve shifted ground a bit between when you wrote those posts and when you commented on why our sisters are husbandless. I know the positioning story or trick, however where you cannot really decide who comes your decision is subject to some other guys decision. I know its debatable and like you rightly say, it may take time, a pretty long time nevertheless there is still no guarantee that even if you wait forever on your terms somebody will come

Keep trying, Keep doing your best

Sometimes it looks like not much is happening with you. Just keep steady and stay alive. Little by little, one step at a time.  You can win ...